I'm a Noob n I need help

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Phreaq

I'm a Noob n I need help

#1 Post by Phreaq » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:27 pm

I have just downloaded UBCD as my computer just decided to get stuck in a loop saying
"We apologise for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this"
Now when i start in any mode it just resets and ends up with this messgae. I ran UBCD on the comp but when I got in the interface I had no Idea at what I was looking at and how I could boot my PC up using it. I have looked around for a solution and come across nothig helpful. A lot of people are saying it could be a hardware problem but it has been running fine for 3 and half yrs without a problem. I recently upgraded to windows XP Pro and it was running fine for about a month but yesterday it just decided to do this and now I don't know what is wrong. Can someone please hlep me? I'm hoping UBCD will help but I am not sure what to do thank you for any help
Tristan

Constance

Re: I'm a Noob n I need help

#2 Post by Constance » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:27 am

Phreaq wrote:A lot of people are saying it could be a hardware problem but it has been running fine for 3 and half yrs without a problem.
I think they are probably right ... saying your system has been running fine for quite a long times proves nothing, it always does until something happens.
The first thing i'd check would be if the fans are working well (don't forget the one of the graphics board, if it has one) and the temperatures in the Hardware Monitoring section of the BIOS Setup.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Phreaq

#3 Post by Phreaq » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:11 pm

Yeh i had checked them all they were all fine. I basically checked to see if it was a hardware fault but I think my hard drive is damaged. I had 27kb of faults on the hard drive and I think one of the faults must have been on a a registry file or something and it kept rereading the damaged file until it rebooted again. I did a repair with the windows xp installation disk and it is working alright now but my guess is it will stuff up soon enough so I will probably have to get a new hard drive.

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:36 pm

Hmm you mean a defect on the surface ?
Might be corrected by a low level format...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Phreaq

#5 Post by Phreaq » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Yeh I think so from what i can tell. I've already ordered a new hard drive but I might keep the one I have and see if i can possibly repair it. I already thought about a low level format but I am not sure whether that will fix it. When I repaired it with the windows disk it did a a reinstall so it might not have been able to repair it anyway.