HDclone 2.0 - how long to clone

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

beardedgeek

HDclone 2.0 - how long to clone

#1 Post by beardedgeek » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:43 am

had a small hdd crash(250gb sata drive) , i could still access it but only for a few minutes after a reboot so i was able to get my uni stuff off it, theres a big pile of other stuff eg save games and photos of the past 5 years.

all the other disc recovery/fixing and cloneing tools seam to do the same as windows and freeze after a few minutes.

hdclone seams to be running fine,
cloneing it to a new drive i bought this morn.

But, it's really really really sloooooow.
it's been running for close to 4 hrs and it's not even at 1% yet.

is this a bad sign ? or normal?

Larry Smith

#2 Post by Larry Smith » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:04 am

Hi There
HD Clone free and personal edition does not use DMA access so the best thing to do is use the free Clone Maxx at:

http://www.pcinspector.de/clone-maxx/uk/welcome.htm

You also might want to download the other free programs, which are good. Hope this helps...

alm

#3 Post by alm » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:44 pm

COPYR.DMA is also quite fast and freeware (link is at the bottom of the page). It is designed to skip bad sectors, but won't handle large about of bad sectors (the author sells a different program for that). The main disadvantages are that it doesn't support LBA48 (no disks larger than 128GB), and that it doesn't support SATA. It may support SATA in legacy mode though. Speed depends on the drives, but it is usually considered very fast.

This is probably a good candidate for inclusion, I added it to my own (heavily modified) UBCD.

Alson