Full Version-How do I run the programs in the basic version?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

asabic

Full Version-How do I run the programs in the basic version?

#1 Post by asabic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:26 pm

Im a bit of a newbie with this product. I have tried the basic and full versions and like both. The site says the programs in the basic version are included in the full version. The Full version boots into a knoppix linux GUI and I cant seem where to lanuch the programs/utilities found in the basic version for example the memory and hard drive diagnostic utilites. Where do I launch these from in the full version (with Insert)?

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:12 pm

The full version does not boot directly into INSERT unless you press "[F7] INSERT for UBCD" from the main menu.

Otherwise, the main menu of the full version is essentially the same as that of the basic version.

asabic

#3 Post by asabic » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm

Im booting of a USB flash drive using this guide:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ubcd.html

Is this why its going straight into INSERT and not the basic menu?

baronvonfoxbat7734

#4 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:15 am

A while back I had asked on that site since they are linux gurus there how to modify the syslinux stuff as there is no mention here how to do it in simple terms. They then created the guide you saw. It is a way to get it to work but not the way that this project is supposed to work. When booted off of a CD, it gives you a menu and from there you can select to run Insert. The method that pendrive created was to run Insert and then you should be able to run stuff from insert. I thanked them for creating there guide.

I was not requested nor did I ask permission prior to asking them for advice. I asked one thing and they went the other way. There site should not be confused with this one.

[/disclaimer]

There are guides on this site using syslinux to make a USB Key version of this project. I personally could not get them to work and just gave up and created a my own varient of this project using MS-DOS and also a PXE based boot menu for my company. No where the same level of kick ass as this project but it includes everything I would have added anyways.