"ubcd34-full.iso" ONLY is not enough to boot ?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

pass

"ubcd34-full.iso" ONLY is not enough to boot ?

#1 Post by pass » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:59 am

I am new to use ultimate boot CD.

I just burned only the "ubcd34-full.iso" file onto a CDROM (CDR), and after having selected in the BIOS, to first boot onto this CDROM and not on the Hard disk, I still cannot boot onto the CD.
Is this "ubcd34-full.iso" not enough to boot on the CD ?

Is it because I have to specifically convert some bootable floppy disk files and add them into the original "ubcd34-full.iso", as explained in the tutorial in part "Integrating other applications into Ultimate Boot CD /
Converting Bootable Floppy Disks (Like PowerQuest Partition Magic / DriveImage) into Bootable CD" ???

Thanks for any advice !

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 am

I guess you burnt it as a file on the CD instead of as an image ...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

baronvonfoxbat7734

#3 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 am

I would recommend using a free program called IMGBurn to burn the iso to a disk. A ISO is image of a disk with the boot sector and all the files listed in the particular way that they are supposed to be on the disk. It is a CD ready to go it just to be burned to a CD to work. IMGBurn will only handle images of disks and will nto do data file burning. With this feature, you will not get confused as you have on this.