Load a .ISO with <???> like MEMDisk loads .IMG Files

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

dg6464

Load a .ISO with <???> like MEMDisk loads .IMG Files

#1 Post by dg6464 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:13 am

Hello, I love this Ultimate Boot CD, I use it constantly at work, and at home, and at school. I am currently working on a project using PXE boot, and some random tools like SYSLinux, and MEMDisk. I have succeeded using PXELinux(SYSLinux variant) to create a menu, and boot from the network using TFTP32 as a DHCP and TFTP server, then using PXELinux as a configuration/menu file system. I have created the menu, and have copied the MEMdisk tool used on the UBCD to boot bootable floppy images (as single images). So at my job we generally use ghost, powermax, DFT ect.. so I have added those to the menu. What we are trying to do is make the system completely foolproof, and be able to boot any kind of image. Since we are able to boot single floppy images, and love the UBCD so much, we are wondering if it is possible to use the UBCD over a PXE boot network. I realize that this is tricky, and I realize that we can use the loader file, and extract all of the files so manually create this, but I would really appreciate if anybody knows of a tool that is just like MEMdisk, but for booting .ISO files. I would very much like to be able to say "magiccdisotool ubcd.iso" as a command line interpreter in my default PXE menu file, but I yet to find a program equivalent to MEMdisk to load .ISO files. Does anyone have any information on this, or a different way of doing this? As I said I realize this can be done manually, but i'd like to be able to boot various types of bootable CD's, not just the UBCD (although it is amazing). I have been experimenting with IELDR, and diskemu, but have had no resolve. I noticed that UBCD uses diskemu to load .iso files rarely, but sometimes, is this possible? How can I do it?

Best Regards,
dg6464