Ultimate Boot CD don't boot !

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jos

Ultimate Boot CD don't boot !

#1 Post by jos » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Hello,

just downloaded and burned the ultimate boot cd ubcd34-basic.exe, extracted burned and tried the cd on two pcs and it doesnt boot?? What I'm doing wrong?

thnx

baronvonfoxbat7734

#2 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:29 pm

More than likely, you burned the iso file itself to the CD. This is incorrect... You need to open your burning software and point it to open the iso file that gets extracted. Your burning software will see that it is a image and then ask to burn the contents to the CD. If you pop your cd into the drive the way it is now you will more than likely see ubcd-3.4.iso or something akin to that.

jos

no

#3 Post by jos » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:32 pm

I do have the contents of the image on the CD:

9 folders and 5 files in total.

It's the basic CD

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm

You have to be clearer about what you mean by "don't boot".

If the boot process goes on to load the OS (eg. Linux, Windows) instead of booting the CD, chances are, your BIOS setting is incorrect. In that case, these two FAQ entries might help:

* Question: I inserted Ultimate Boot CD into my CDROM drive and rebooted the computer. The reboot was as usual and no text-based menu was displayed. Have I done anything wrong?

* Question: The Ultimate Boot CD just refuses to boot from the CDROM drive, despite the fact that I have double, no, triple checked my BIOS settings. What else could be wrong?

If you see this error message:
"Error booting from CD/DVD drive.
Press any key to reboot."
this is a known issue with CDShell on certain machines that have been discussed in this thread. There is no known workaround at this point in time.

baronvonfoxbat7734

Re: no

#5 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:57 am

jos wrote:I do have the contents of the image on the CD:

9 folders and 5 files in total.

It's the basic CD
Follow Victors advice on this as you were not clear with your initial post. Most people complain that it don't work and burn the iso file as a data file onto the CD not knowing how to deal with iso files. Since your post was not clear as to what was wrong, I answered with the most basic of answers. I am glad that you burned it right apparently.

In addition to checking the BIOS and such and also while we are waiting for your response to get any boot message or what have you, did you have your software select the iso to open and burn or did you extract all the files from the iso itself and burn those to a disk and try to make that bootable? If extracted and attemopted to make bootable, that is wrong. Try what Victor said to try and post more details about what is not working.

Constance

#6 Post by Constance » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:37 am

Or maybe you extracted the ISO itself (using one of those damn archivers that let you know that's an archive) and burnt only the files ?
Then of course you don't have the boot sector written as it should ...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.