UBCD won't exactly boot..

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Kinovy

UBCD won't exactly boot..

#1 Post by Kinovy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:40 am

Hi all,
thanks, first to the creators of this CD, witch seems to be soooo usefull in many cases.

I latelly had some problems with my computer, so i wanted to check out some stuff.

I downloaded ubcd34-full.iso, Nero 7, and started burning a brand new CD from the image.
As a precision, i didn't burn the image on the CD, as when i'm browsing it, i can see all the differents directoryes (autorun.inf, mkubcd.bat and all the stuff).

I started my computer with the disc in my dvd reader, and after loading the bios, it stopped, only showing a _ appearing and disapearing.
I waited several minuts, nothing happened. I removed the cd from my dvd reader, and my computer started normally right after it.
As a precision, i tried booting from my Win XP CD, and it worked well. I don't understand what's wrong with my UBCD... I burned it in 12 X ...
Is it a known issue ? Did i make anything wrong ?

baronvonfoxbat7734

#2 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:22 am

Sounds like you did everything right. May i suggest one thing to try? Try using IMGBurn 2.1 to burn the disk. It only burns iso images to CD's and does not do like Nero and allow you to make a data disk with files on it. Nero is good and I use it all the time... Since i have found IMGBurn, I use it exclusively to burn iso's now a days. I still use Nero to burn DVD's and data CD's and such but not iso's anymore. Give IMGBurn a try and see if that fixes your issue.

Another small thing though... Did you download a ZIP or EXE from this site or just the iso from another site? Maybe you got the wrong disk. You provided lots of useful info but this was not in there as clearly... try the above and see if that works for you.

Good luck!

Kinovy

#3 Post by Kinovy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:12 am

I did DL the .exe from this website, i'm going to try to burn it from the prog you just gave me.

Thanks for your attention, i'll give you some news asap :p

Kinovy

#4 Post by Kinovy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:12 am

Please applause the dumbass of the year (me!)

After testing the booting from XP, i flashed my bios. Guess what ? It turned back the CB booting off.

Yesterday after cheking and cheking again, i noticed it, and ubcd worked well ! Finally ! What a pleasure to see it boot :P

Thanks for your help anyway, and thanks for your ultimate tool :)

baronvonfoxbat7734

#5 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:46 am

Glad it works for you now! The simplest of issues are the easiest to over look... Happens all the time. Have fun with the disk!