changing drive letter

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

shakespeare

changing drive letter

#1 Post by shakespeare » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:07 am

i am retiring an old drive (C) and replacing it with a new one (curently K). i have used disk director 10 to clone c to k. now i need to change the drive letter on k to c. my copy of dd10 won't boot into full mode (i'm waiting on Acronis for an answer). in the meantime, i understand the the Partiton Saving utility on ubcd will change drive letters, but this is also a registry editor. if i use this strategy, will it work? i understand the necessity of changing the registry if i simply copy files to the new drive but a clone's registry should still say c in my circumstance, right? if it doesn't matter that the registry is edited, then it's a go to me. what do you think?

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:14 am

Well, you should have the old K partition to be the active one and probably to be a primary one.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

shakespeare

#3 Post by shakespeare » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:49 am

Well, you should have the old K partition to be the active one and probably to be a primary one
that i do

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:45 pm

If you need to change the drive letter of your boot drive, this MSKB article might help.