When was i supposed to see that screenshot..?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jason.b.c

When was i supposed to see that screenshot..?

#1 Post by jason.b.c » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:52 am

I'm having alot of trouble understanding how to use the UBCD , I burn't a CD ( i did it correctly ) , Restarted my computer and it booted up , I get a prompt like this:

A:\ > <= ( i hope i typed that right )

Wich i assume is correct , Also a short list of possible commands is displayed , Like this:

\MLX

\LEND=ON

and so forth , I've tried everything i can think of to get it to do "something" but all i get is:

"Invald Command" or "Command Not Found"

How do you get the UBCD to start up...??? I've tried about a dozen different commands but i still get nothing..
Freespire and Puppy Linux user....

baronvonfoxbat7734

#2 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:39 pm

If you open the CD inside of Windows, do you see a bunch of files and folders or just a single file? If a bunch of files and folders then something got modified or something. If a single files, then you burned the iso file to the disk and not the iso contents. That is a common mistake...

jason.b.c

#3 Post by jason.b.c » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:07 pm

baronvonfoxbat7734 wrote:If you open the CD inside of Windows, do you see a bunch of files and folders or just a single file? If a bunch of files and folders then something got modified or something. If a single files, then you burned the iso file to the disk and not the iso contents. That is a common mistake...

Ok , I see a single file marked as ubcd.iso ( or something like that ) , But see here's the thing.

I did burn the disk as a "CD Image" and "not" as a data CD.. If the problem i'm having is the single file ( .iso ) being the only thing on the disk then why does it boot up...??? :?

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:20 pm

Huh are you sure you didn't let a floppy in the drive ? Image

Anyway, seems like something went wrong with your burning...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

jason.b.c

#5 Post by jason.b.c » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Constance wrote:Huh are you sure you didn't let a floppy in the drive ? Image

Anyway, seems like something went wrong with your burning...
No.? , No floppy in the drive..?

And i burnt at 8x speed..

How is the UBCD supposed to start up .? , I mean , What should i have expected..?

Constance

#6 Post by Constance » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:44 pm

Well you should have seen almost instantly the menu of which you showed us the screenshot.

BTW Victor, I have nicer and lighter screenshots if you wish to replace that one from the main page... here at original 640x400 size, and here resized down to 500x313, if you really need it to be less large...
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.

jason.b.c

#7 Post by jason.b.c » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:54 pm

Constance wrote:Well you should have seen almost instantly the menu of which you showed us the screenshot.

Well what's ( if any ) the start up command..?? , Is there anything i could try i mean...?

EDIT--- Also , Why do the commands listed in the menu i saw ( see my first post ) not work..? The \LEND=ON and \MLX one's...

Thanks...

baronvonfoxbat7734

#8 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:29 pm

No idea what those commands are... I also have no idea what those commands are. As for there being only one file on the disk, you burned the iso to the disk. You need to have your burning software open the iso as a project and have it burn the contents. As an easier version of a burning app, I highly recommend using a program called IMGBurn. It only burns iso's and other image files and does not allow you to get confused over a data disk or not.

Victor Chew

#9 Post by Victor Chew » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:35 am

BTW Victor, I have nicer and lighter screenshots if you wish to replace that one from the main page... here at original 640x400 size, and here resized down to 500x313, if you really need it to be less large...
Not much diff compared to my full-sized screenshot, isn't it? Except the screen font is slightly different, so mine is wider than yours.

jason.b.c

#10 Post by jason.b.c » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:59 am

baronvonfoxbat7734 wrote:No idea what those commands are... I also have no idea what those commands are. As for there being only one file on the disk, you burned the iso to the disk. You need to have your burning software open the iso as a project and have it burn the contents. As an easier version of a burning app, I highly recommend using a program called IMGBurn. It only burns iso's and other image files and does not allow you to get confused over a data disk or not.
No ..! , I burned the ISO as a "Bootable CD Image" using Nero.., I opened the ISO with Nero and did start a new project with it..

I don't understand why the commands are listed then..? , If they're useless to me..

Constance

#11 Post by Constance » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:55 am

Victor Chew wrote:Not much diff compared to my full-sized screenshot, isn't it? Except the screen font is slightly different, so mine is wider than yours.
Hmm didn't see it... anyway the resized one is quite ugly with all those dots appearing from God only knows where :/
(And PNG file is smaller than GIF ;o )

baronvonfoxbat7734

#12 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:17 pm

Jason,

Forget Nero and forget what you have done so far... Just forget it. Go to http://www.imgburn.com/ and download and install IMGBurn. Run IMGBurn and select the UBCD.iso you have. Burn the disk.

Follow those directions and I guarantee that it will work. How you are getting that other stuff is a complete mystery as here is what is supposed to be on the CD when you burn it...

Folders...

Boot
Docs
dosapps
freesco
images
isolinux
licenses
tools
ubcd

Files

autorun.inf
boot.catalog
mkubcd.bat
mkubcd.sh
ubcd.ico

If you see anything but that above plus or minus a few things then you did not burn correctly.

jason.b.c

#13 Post by jason.b.c » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:05 am

I'll give it a shot... :lol: