Computer Wont BOOT any of the repair Cd's!?!???HELP

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

schrites

Computer Wont BOOT any of the repair Cd's!?!???HELP

#1 Post by schrites » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum and desperately need your help. I one day got the "unmountable_boot_volume" error and cant boot up windows or into windows through safe mode or any of the options it lists. It wouldnt boot the XP cd so i got the UBCD. I put it in and the same thing, it wont boot up the UBCD. It goes right to the screen with the safe mode options and all of those options lead to the blue screen with unmountable bla bla bla.

I changed the boot sequence but thats it so far that I tried and failed!

PLEASE Help me guys, its much appreciated you have no idea. I have allll of my pictures and University Papers on this computer.

Thank you very much for your time.

Take care,
-Sean Schreiter

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:05 am

One thing's for sure, your boot sequence is still not correct, so the CDROM drive is not booting up, otherwise you will see the UBCD main menu.

Check the UBCD FAQ for some suggestions on how to configure your machine to boot from the CDROM drive.

Constance

#3 Post by Constance » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:54 am

Or maybe the CD drive itself is not working properly :/
Also, I had seen sometimes systems where only the master drive could boot, there was no way to boot on a slave CDROM drive.
So if your system is a bit old, you may try to check that, or put your CD into another drive.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

schrites

#4 Post by schrites » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:56 pm

so how do i make it boot to cdrom FORSURE, i dont have a dvd drive but its a pretty new system.

I just pressed DEL and changed the sequence to all cd-rom as boot.

Please help me guys, thank you!

-Sean S.

baronvonfoxbat7734

#5 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:06 am

There is no 100% way to say without knowing exactly what system it is and such. It basically comes down to this. Set the CD to boot in BIOS. If you have 2 CD/DVD drives, use the top one first. If it doesn't boot, try the second drive. If it still does not boot, try the disk in another computer. If it still does not boot there, then the disk is what the problem is.

How did you burn the disk? I always recommend IMGBURN as the application of choice when all your doing is burning an ISO to a disk.

When you pop the disk into your computer when it is running, do you see just a few files with a large single file or do you see a bunch of folders and files? I have a feelig that you may have burned the ISO to a disk as a data disk and not burned the ISO itself. An ISO is a image of a disk that is ready to go. It has the necessary boot sectors and everything already lined up and properly set.

See if any of the above helps and if not, answer the questions that are asked and that will help us help you.