I am no more able to build a new customized iso!!??

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

df8oe

I am no more able to build a new customized iso!!??

#1 Post by df8oe » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:37 am

Damned, I don't know any longer how to build a running iso from my customized UBCD3.2 :(

I have a running iso on my HDD and if I use this it works....

I am running linux and I can test iso before burning to cd with a "mount -o loop" of the iso-image, so testing is very easy.

If I build a new iso from my files (it doesn't matter if I use the files located on the running cd or my own customized ones) booting ends with a black screen showing

"Error booting from CD/DVD drive.
Press any key to reboot..."

on top of the screen, and

a line with white bars and a few dots on the bottom, followed by "804003F9"

I use the following mkisofs-command:
mkisofs -N -J -r -o /home/andreas/ubcd.iso -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -joliet-long -allow-multidot -allow-leading-dots -iso-level 2 .

I've tried
mkisofs -N -J -r -o /home/andreas/ubcd.iso -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 .

too, doesn't work at all. When I open the CD in working OS, al files are readable on CD so the problem must be at bootloader or so.

I cant understand because of I already have had build isos some months ago - without any problems. Has anyone any idea?? I don't hope I get stupid ;)

df8oe

df8oe

#2 Post by df8oe » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:40 am

After a few hours I found the reason for my failing:

**IT IS IMPORTANT WHICH VERSION OF MKISOFS YOU USE!!**

Newer versions of win32 OR Linux-executables **DON'T WORK**

You can build an iso without error-messages, but the iso doesn't boot!! You MUST use the win32-executable which you can download from this pages or older ones for Linux - I used ubuntu edgy and it fails.

I don' know where there is a problem - but my suggestion is "cdshell"...

Puuuuuh!!!

df8oe