got fucked.

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

paruschuh

got fucked.

#1 Post by paruschuh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Hey !

Some days ago i was doing some stuff at my pc, using WinXP Prof 64bit. Suddenly my avast antivirus software disabled, some folders popped up, than a new short cut was created at my desktop and windows showed some weird error messages.#

So i thought, fuck off. theres somebody fucking me... (sorry the "fucks" but thats what i thought)

I rebooted as fast as i could, but it was already too late.

Now, i cant even boot a windows install cd... system just gets stock.

So, i thought abought the ultimate boot cd, and it works, menu is opening i can switch through the options but anyway if i try to select one, it always leads to the same error. When the boot cd is trying to install NTFS the system gets stock.... just (no NTFS installed) i also tryed to config it but i didnt work at all.... always the same with every option i choose (from optimum to defensive...)

I also booted OS´s like Slax Linux or Koppix and tried to save my files to external Harddisk, i can see the folders and files but i cant create new folders or copy the old ones...

(and yes i checked the boxes for "Read only")

A intresting thing : The system partition c: is the only one without files on it, Slax Linus says there are 15 of 50 GB used but i dont see files..

My System :

Amd 64 4000+
Geforce 7800 GTX
Asus Kn8 diamon
300 GB on 3 partitions...
Win XP 64 Bit Prof. SP1

Please Help, i really got the end of my ideas... i cant even format or reinstall windows.

jason.b.c

#2 Post by jason.b.c » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:55 pm

WOW , Inteligence really isn't your strong suit is it..?
So i thought, fuck off. theres somebody fucking me... (sorry the "fucks" but thats what i thought)
Well first of all , What makes you say that..??

Secondly , Avast Anti -virus dosen't just "disable" without any warning , it dosen't do that regardless...
I rebooted as fast as i could, but it was already too late.

Now, i cant even boot a windows install cd... system just gets stock.
What did you hope to accomplish by doing that , Rebooting the system dosen't mean it'll be Auto-Magicaly fixed somehow...

And not being able to boot from the CD dosen't have anything to do with your current situation... It's your computer's BIOS...
So, i thought abought the ultimate boot cd, and it works, menu is opening i can switch through the options but anyway if i try to select one, it always leads to the same error. When the boot cd is trying to install NTFS the system gets stock.... just (no NTFS installed) i also tryed to config it but i didnt work at all.... always the same with every option i choose (from optimum to defensive...)

I also booted OS´s like Slax Linux or Koppix and tried to save my files to external Harddisk, i can see the folders and files but i cant create new folders or copy the old ones...
So what you're saying is , You can boot from a CD...?

A intresting thing : The system partition c: is the only one without files on it, Slax Linus says there are 15 of 50 GB used but i dont see files..
Sounds like either , Your C:/ partition got wiped.! - or - You have a really interesting virus in there causing some sort of hiding of information... I think i heard of a virus that does that , but don't quote me on that...
Freespire and Puppy Linux user....

Scott Cooper

#3 Post by Scott Cooper » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:11 pm

jason.b.c wrote:WOW , Inteligence really isn't your strong suit is it..?
C'mon, he came here for help, not to be insulted.
jason.b.c wrote:Secondly , Avast Anti -virus dosen't just "disable" without any warning , it dosen't do that regardless...
If the virus defs. were not up to date and a newer virus got in it could do exactly that, although such viruses usually are more likely to target Norton/McAfee/etc.
jason.b.c wrote:Sounds like either , Your C:/ partition got wiped.! - or - You have a really interesting virus in there causing some sort of hiding of information... I think i heard of a virus that does that , but don't quote me on that...
Possibly a rootkit?

In any case, I would recommend bringing the system to a technician who can check your situation out.

Alternatively, boot off the Windows CD you have and select the option to boot to the Recovery Console; in that run chkdsk /r to verify your hard disk format is OK.

baronvonfoxbat7734

#4 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 pm

I concur as it sounds to me like he got either a infection of some sort or a hacker got in. Could be one of the new ransomware that is floating around. Although I have not heard it kill a system like this...

Maybe some of the tools here could help but I would also give the UBCD4Win a try as well as that will boot into a GUI to try to recover the data.

jason.b.c

#5 Post by jason.b.c » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Scott Cooper wrote:
jason.b.c wrote:WOW , Inteligence really isn't your strong suit is it..?
C'mon, he came here for help, not to be insulted.

I wasn't trying to insult him , But the language wasn't nessacary either...

paruschuh

#6 Post by paruschuh » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:35 am

hey...

Anyway, first of all, thx for replying...

I thought that because it seemed like somebody is doing stuff at my PC while i was sitting in fornt of it. Folders opend, shortcuts have been created, and so the possibility that somebody is "in" my system seemed pritty close.

So for me, the reaction, to reset was the only thing i could do if somebody tries to fuck me in my own system.

I already tried to explain, that i cant boot any windows cd´s... the only cd i was able to boot with was the "ultimate boot cd" any other try ended in a black screen.

Till now, i put out the Hard Disk, bought a Serial Ata external case, and pluged it in to my laptop, all partions are still there, i was able to run Avast and searched through the whole 300 GB´s, found some viruses and troyan horses, deleted them, saved the most important files on another external HDD, and right at the moment im plugging in the HDD into my Pc again to see if it helped.

But im pretty sure the Master Boot Record is still damaged, but maybe ill have more possibility without the viruses now.

Anyway, any idea why the ultimate boot cd stocks while it trys to install NTFS ?

A answer to this could really help me, cause without that i cant even run the MBR Tools.

Sorry for my english, didnt tought it would be such a problem.

Thx again guys.

treehel

#7 Post by treehel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:07 pm

boot in freedos and install a new BIOS for motherboard. Then backup with freedos all you valuable data (do not boot windows!!!!), then format your HDD and install a fresh OS

jason.b.c

#8 Post by jason.b.c » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:00 pm

treehel wrote:boot in freedos and install a new BIOS for motherboard. Then backup with freedos all you valuable data (do not boot windows!!!!), then format your HDD and install a fresh OS
Uh NO.! , Don't do that , You mean Freedos and/or UBCD has the BIOS for his computer...?

I would doubt it....