Event Viewer

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

nassausky

Event Viewer

#1 Post by nassausky » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 am

Wow I just did a search in this forum for Event Viewer and nothing came up. Here's a scenario that happened to me on Friday. Went to client. Machine kept rebooting. Couldnt get to the point to turn off automatic reboot with system failure. Would have been nice if the UBCD had a built in event viewer that could read the events on the computer it's inserted in.

nassausky

Oi Oi Oi Event Viewer and MMC

#2 Post by nassausky » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:21 am

OK actually it's easier than you might think to add. It's already on the CD. But there is no ICON i see for it.. I went to command prompt and ran MMC (microsoft mgmt console) and added the evt viewer snapin. It would be nice to have that on the desktop :)

Oh also the bottom left icon for screen saver is impossible to read because it's white text over a white cloudy background..

Constance

#3 Post by Constance » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:34 am

There is no icon or background in UBCD ... I think you're talking about UBCD4Win instead.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

nassausky

#4 Post by nassausky » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Wow you're right.. Thought they were one and the same..
It's the UBCD4Win I was talking about