Creating a bootable UBCD memory stick

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

seamusmilligan

Creating a bootable UBCD memory stick

#1 Post by seamusmilligan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Please help.

I have very limited technical knowledge so bear with me.

Can someone please provide an idiot's guide to creating a UBCD memory stick. My desktop has a blue screen message and will not boot. My CD-Rom drive is damaged so as a last resort I figured I could boot from a memory stick.

I've downloaded and extracted the ISO to a CD using Burncdcc. Seems OK. I've then gone to tools on the CD, found ubcd2usb.bat, double clicked and it opens a C:\\WINDOWS...cmd.exe window. In this window there is info about "Usage", "params", "Examples" and at the bottom says "Press any key to continue".

I do so and it simply closes the window and does not appear to do anything.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Flaviss

#2 Post by Flaviss » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:10 pm

This is my exact problem. Its been almost a year and no response to this guy?

Flaviss

#3 Post by Flaviss » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Actually pieced together the answer (see below) - but it would be a lot more helpful if this information was put somewhere easier to find.

Thanks for great software,

Flaviss

Flaviss wrote:Thanks Icecube. I was looking all over for directions on how to do this and between this thread and this one: viewtopic.php?t=1608&highlight=ubcd2usb from you I figured it out and created my usb key.

The directions on the main site are really lacking considering on the main site it sounds like you can just open the bat file from windows explorer and bam, it does it for you.

Speaking presumptively for anyone else who does not have the patience to comb through stuff like I did, it would be great if you combined these two posts and turned them into a 'how to create a UBCD on USB for dumbies' tutorial and had it stickied and linked to from the main page.

Thanks so much,

Flaviss