A way to get the mac address ?

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Constance

A way to get the mac address ?

#1 Post by Constance » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:25 am

Hello ^^

So, I was wondering if any tool on the UBCD is able to display a machine's network adapter's mac address(es) ?

Doesn't seem possible with the various PCI identifiers or AIDA16...

Thanks in advance for your replies :)
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 pm

You can get the MAC address by booting to the NwDsk under DOS / Linux boot disks.. It will show the MAC address and IP at the end just before the prompt.

I'll look around to see if any other programs will show that info.. I also have several Linux Live CDs built into my build and they can usually show that info. as well, but have not checked.. Do you have any Live CDs in your build? If so, I'll look around later to see what you could use in that if I have the same Distro...

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:30 pm

The Piney wrote:You can get the MAC address by booting to the NwDsk under DOS / Linux boot disks.. It will show the MAC address and IP at the end just before the prompt.
Thank you :)
The Piney wrote:Do you have any Live CDs in your build?
Nope, almost no customisation for now...
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

s69

#5 Post by s69 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:38 am

The quickest way is to enable PXE booting in the BIOS menu (if available). This normally displays the MAC address as it tries to boot.