Old version of Ultimate Boot CD

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

RCM

Old version of Ultimate Boot CD

#1 Post by RCM » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Is it possible to get old versions of the Ultimate Boot CD. I used to have copies of the CD from it very early days but my hard drive died (no could not recover) and I lost a lot of good stuff.

My problem is that I test a lost of old PCs. Hard drives. The new UBCD manufacture diags suck when testing old drives. I would like to get a hold of the last Maxtor Diags, the last Quantum Diags before they were bought out by Seagate (maxtor (Quantum)). The last Seagate Diags constantly complains about Maxtor Quantum drives being overtemp. Even older versions of the Diags would be interesting.

Or is there a web site with old diags. I know about oldversion.com but no hard drive diags there.

BTW I have followed UBCD from the beginning, even contributed way back when. I am the Richard in the acknowlogements at the bottom of the list.

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi there ^^

There used to be old versions on PlanetMirror, but for some reason they seem to have become inaccessible :(

However I still have a version 2.4 CD here, do you want me to make an ISO back from it ?

Edit : damit, looks like it must be damaged, reading the disc fails at around 99% ... talk about being unlucky =(

Edit again : ok, a workmate managed to make an image using nero on his machine ... it's in .nrg format but I hope it will work fine (at least he didn't get any error message reading the disc).
Made a 7z archive and uploaded it here : http://www.mediafire.com/?y190xnjjtin
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

nbicomputers

#3 Post by nbicomputers » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 pm

i just saw this post and i know it is old i have the folowing 2.3.1
2,0 and 1.7 i could make iso images and put them on my download page if anybody wants.
just found 3.3 and and 3.4 and 4,0