Help on SafeGuard Easy

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ngk

Help on SafeGuard Easy

#1 Post by ngk » Sat May 16, 2009 2:13 am

Hi,

I bought laptop from a company. But it has SafeGuard Easy V4.30.0 installed on this. When I tried to install OS on this it says there is no hard disk. I was wondering is there any way to uninstall SafeGuard and install OS on this laptop. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 am

My suggestion is to contact the company you bought it from. If it was bought legitimately they should be able to give you the password.

If that fails, you can use DBAN or other disk wiping utility to totally erase the drive but this can cause issues if a restore partition or a disk installed setup utility is installed

Icecube

#3 Post by Icecube » Sat May 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Your Windows (XP) installation disk, probably doesn't have the necessary drivers to detect your hard disk (if it is a SATA drive).
viewtopic.php?p=6238
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

ECAdmin

Also try flushing the MBR

#4 Post by ECAdmin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi ngk,

SGE is a software encryption program that adds itself to various parts of the Windows registry and to the MBR (master boot record) of the drive.

To wipe it from the HD and allow the drive to be recognized on install run the "fixmbr" command.

After wiping the MBR you many need SATA drivers, but in my experience once the MBR is wiped the installion is able to proceed without further issues.

Hope this helps.