Page 1 of 1
What happened to Password Renew!!!
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 am
This was my favorite tool to use. In my work environment, removing a computer from the domain can be tricky because the admin account is disabled. Using Offline Registry Editor, it would never see any partitions. The Password Renew tool was able to create a temp admin account to get back into the computer and re-add to domain after doing what had to be done. What gives??
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 pm
Can you provide a URL to the tool?
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:55 pm
It is worthless for inclusion in UBCD. It must be run from WinPE/BartPE.
This is a utility to:
* (re)set the passwords of any user which has a valid local account,
* create a new local user with administrator rights
* and set administrator rights to existing user on your NT system.
* Can reset local administrator password on the pc that is in domain, using NULL Administrator password feature.
* Must use it under WinPE/BartPE.
Are you confusing UBCD with UBCD4WIN?
Password Renew URL
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm
This is the company that makes the program. Not sure where the newest version is located, but they are the ones responsible for it. I did notice that brothersoft.com has the download available as well, but they mention that you have to use it in Bart's PE environment as well.
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:01 pm
Seems like it does the same, aswell as its included in the latest build (beta) of parted magic. Just use UBCD 5.0beta 12 and update the files with parted magic files located here:http://beefdrapes.partedmagic.com/