SATA support

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ldfiddy

SATA support

#1 Post by ldfiddy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:12 pm

hey, I've been a fan of UBCD for awhile. it is obviously a really great set of tools for STUFF.

however, I just recently purchased a hp pavilion dv6-1245dx, and the bus for the dvd+(andminus)rw as well as the hard disk is pure SATA. the current factory bios does not support turning off SATA in favor of PATA, and while it may be possible to find some kind of alternative bios for the Quanta manufactured board, but I haven't really investigated that..

anyway, I would like to request a UBCD that includes some drivers for SATA dvd+/-rws and hard disks. without them, (most of) the tools on the current release are rendered basically useless.

also, getting 32bit xp on here from the 64bit pre-loaded vista was fun. ha ha. >=o

StopSpazzing

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Have you tried UBCD 5.0 beta 12? I beleive it supports more sata drives and also have parted magic, which has burning software aswell to utilize those burners of yours. Give it a try: viewtopic.php?t=1814

64bit vista to 32bit xp...shouldnt have been too hard....
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.