Thanks and hello

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

deque

Thanks and hello

#1 Post by deque » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for your work on UBCD. I've been using it quite a bit in my shop lately. Very handy. I've also just started digging into customizing it. I've updated the version of g4u (which I use a lot) to the latest 2.1, fixed the "known bugs" listed on the homepage for 3.3, and integrated some BIOS update utilities and ROM images I use a lot. Good stuff.

What I would like to move onto is updating the virus definitions that are on there. I started with working on AVG, just semi-arbitrarily as I've used it before, but I am finding zero documentation as to how to get updates for the DOS version. The closest I can gather is that it requires installing the windows free version and then snipping out the relevant parts. Is that right? If so, I'll borrow a windows box and get that done. I don't have any windows machines myself, or I'd just try it and see what happens.

Next on the hit parade is getting INSERT's Clamav updated...