g4u

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bx

g4u

#1 Post by bx » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:01 pm

Hello, thank you for the ultimate boot cd, it has been rather useful to me and friends in the past, and saves me carrying lots of discs 8)

Just noticed that g4u is on version 2.0

qouted from the site....
The floppy and CDROM version still share the same codebase - there's still a limit of 2.88MB now, but this allows me adding back all the drivers I had to remove in the past:

The wscons console driver, which allows using USB keyboards
SATA drives (updated)
I2O devices
CS8900 (ISA) Ethernet
Alteon ACEnic gigabit Ethernet
PCMCIA and Cardbus drivers for SCSI, IDE and a *lot* of ethernet and wireless network cards.
Fiber Channel drivers for your SAN!
Hardware RAID drivers: Adaptec AAC family, AMI/LSI Logic MegaRAID, Compaq PCI array controllers, ICP-Vortex GDT and Intel RAID, Mylex DAC960 & DEC SWXCR family and 3ware Escalade RAID controllers. Whee!
Wireless LAN cards: Aironet PC4500/PC4800, Atheros 5210/5211/5212, ADMtek ADM8211, Intersil Prism Mini-PCI.
Token Ring drivers for both PCMCIA and ISA IBM/3COM TROPIC cards
Besides all these drivers which were previously removed from g4u and now added back, be sure to check out the full list of supported hardware, including more wavelan cards, gigabit ethernet and SATA drives!
Pretty decent update. Im sure you probably knew, but just in case as this is one handy utility :D

Thanks again.

BX

Victor Chew

g4u

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:14 am

Thanks for letting me know. g4u will be included in the next release of
UBCD.

MrMoke

#3 Post by MrMoke » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:44 am

You might want to check the problem area of the g4u mailing list before doing that. Some of the additions made to version 2.0 are apparently causing compatibility problems (the wscons program seems to have problems), and Hubert hasn't been able to spend the time necessary to correct them yet. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the added features, but they can't work if the software won't boot. :(

bx

#4 Post by bx » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:45 am

8)

Bumpy bump!

Theres a 2.1 version now including bug fixes, I've trialed it on a few machines, seems to be ok.

8)

Victor Chew

g4u

#5 Post by Victor Chew » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Got it! I will put it down as a todo for the next release.