The changelog for the last version of INSERT/UBCD is here:
Change Log from INSERT Version 1.2.14
* fbdesk 1.1.5
* nessus 2.0.10a-6
* nmap 3.50-1 and nmapfe
* gpg 1.2.6
* smartmontools 5.32
* 7za .91 for Linux (7-Zip)
* rdesktop 1.3.1-1
* xvncviewer 3.3.7-1
* sylpheed .9.12-1
* hping2 2.rc3-3
* netcat 1.10-23
* netsed .01c-2
* ngrep 1.40.1-3
* cpio 2.5-1.1
* samba 3.0.5 (with smbd)
* gRun .92
* Qtparted 0.4.4
* Monkey web server 0.8.4 F2
* All Knoppix 3.4 wireless card drivers
Changes from INSERT 1.2.14
* Added support for UBCD Insert modules
* Added some cheatcodes and an additional way to read them.
* Modifications of some symlinks for UBCD
* Removed all software out of /usr/local
* Updated ClamAV signatures to Daily 488 (09-13-04)
* sysklogd no longer runs by default. Run it from the flux menu.
* Modified Flux theme as uFlux to change menu for easier reading
* Added ~./bin to the beginning of the PATH environment variable
* Removed 'usecaptive' and wrote 'startcaptive' for easier use.
* Modified /etc/init.d/iptables to support multiple configurations
* All persistent files on removable media are now in /INSERT
* Probably many little things I didn't take the time to write down!
Fixes for INSERT 1.2.14
* Fixed missing /var/iptables directory
* Fixed mkpersistenthome failure to copy correct home
* Fixed a few bugs with fluxbox menu
* Fixed warnings in rkhunter
* Compensated for double 'insert' files /etc/sysconfig
* Nessus takes a while to load. It does not appear to be an issue of excessive reading of the CD or CPU utilization. It seems to be in the loading of the nessusd daemon. All CD based distros with nessus I've seen seem to have the same issue.
* gRun .92 was kind of broken with using the --preload command line option. I made some changes and recompiled to fix this as well as allow the user to hit the ESC key to exit gRun. The patch can be found in /usr/share/doc/grun. gRun won't show you a window for console only applications, unless you add them to a file. See the README in /usr/share/doc/grun.
* There are no helper scripts for running the Samba daemon. To this end, you'll want to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf file to your liking, then run smbpasswd -a USERNAME before starting the daemon.
* The default filters for iptables, found in /var/lib/iptables/default are wide open, modify to suit your needs before starting iptables.
If you still have UBCD V3.4, you can find it under "ubcd\insert\start.html".