UBCD 4.x Fixes/Changes

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Victor Chew

#21 Post by Victor Chew » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:44 am

OK, I understand your suggestion now. Will try to work this into the next release too.

My only worry is that some apps might not be able to run from RAM disk, so I will have to leave those out, if I find any.

If memory serves me right, Avast had some problems running from RAM disk (though we have taken that out of UBCD).

Victor Chew

#24 Post by Victor Chew » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:07 pm

I chose the lazy option. I simply deleted xmsdsk.exe and added shsufdrv.exe, since the disk image didn't have room for both anyway. So shsufdrv.exe is automatically used on boot up. Do you think that's OK?

Also, wanna confirm, is the latest version of shsufdrv.exe available here?
Incidentally is Erwin still actively developing NwDsk?
Erwin seemed to have dropped of the radar since early this year. All my emails to him went unanswered, and his website has not been updated for a while.

Victor Chew

#26 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:03 pm

What do you think?
Let's try shsurdrv and see how it goes... unless someone has any technical opinion to contribute over which one is better.

I tried researching on shsurdrv vs xmsdsk, but the result is inconclusive.

Victor Chew

#28 Post by Victor Chew » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 pm

For DBAN and NT Password and Reg Editor would you consider adding a submenu for trouble shooting options?
Duely noted! Thanks for the suggestion.