geexbox v1.1 with ubcd v4.1 intergration

If you have a tutorial or tip related to the UBCD, why not share it with other users here?

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

freeballer

geexbox v1.1 with ubcd v4.1 intergration

#1 Post by freeballer » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:08 am

I am not a writer, but I'll attempt to make it simple enough to understand and/or follow. I wrote this after the fact so I may have to edit this later or add more info. But I thought this subject might come up because i must not be the only person to want multimedia on a bootdisk OR a kitchen sink bootdisk like myself.

needed:
geexbox generator (not regular -- tell ya why later)
daemon tools (or other mounting tool)
winrar, 7zip, etc..
cdrw or i use a virtualization tool (vmware) to boot custom cd

open geexbox generator and extract to temp dir (assuming c:\geexbox-generator[version] in windows open up generator.exe and either click "compile" or add whatever modules, codecs, or other options you require (I add real and quicktime codec, add ftp/samba support, etc..)

Ok, now the reason to download generator will become clear, regular iso does not have mkzftree (necessary to "decompress" the filesystem on the cd, otherwise this will not boot) instead of downloading elsewhere, booting linux, etc... it's just easier to compile the iso yourself and I've found other methods unreliable.

After done, you will have geexbox-..custom...iso
Now mount that file in daemon tools (or other), assuming e:\

open tools\win32 found in c:\geexbox-generator[version] in command prompt. (start->run->cmd->"cd c:\geexbox-generator[version]")
and then type "mkzftree -u e:\ c:\ubcd4\"

you should now have c:\ubcd\GEEXBOX and all folders included, it's time to setup ubcd to recongnize it and boot the new item in ubcd and test it.

Code: Select all

LABEL geexbox
	MENU LABEL GeekBox Linux v1.1
	KERNEL /GEEXBOX/boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw init=linuxrc boot=cdrom lang=en remote=atiusb receiver=atiusb keymap=qwerty splash=silent vga=789 video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr
P.S. if the iso is customized with new remote options, framebuffer you will have to look in c:\ubcd4\GEEXBOX\boot\isolinux.cfg and add your own.

I used vmware to boot my new ubcd iso to test my disk before burning and wasting time erasing, burning again..

haito

hepl me

#2 Post by haito » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:50 am

I fail with geexbox v1.1

can't load initrd.gz file

asim987345

Please give Solution to integrate geexbox 1.1

#3 Post by asim987345 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 am

Please Help Me

Thanks!! :cry: