It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: UBCD on WDS!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:41 am 

Just thought I'd share my latest idea with you guys. I did a search on the forums for 'wds' and only found two threads about wd's diagnostics program. So I assume it hasn't already been covered.

But since ubcd uses syslinux as menu system it's relatively easy to make it work via pxe - using a wds server in my case.

Below's the link to a thread where I briefly explained how it's done. Quite simple really. A lot more so than installing a linux from a private ftp appearently.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/pag ... _34_0.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:58 am 

I did try booting a windows 98 I ported from vmware, but that didn't work.
But I suppose it could be possible to use memdisk to boot a tiny version of windows or linux directly. But essentially I'd think you'd be better off starting a terminal server client directly off of pxe booting instead of a standalone windows. I haven't tried booting a bartpe item over pxe though, but you can try with memdisk if you want - but you'll probably need at least 2gb memory to pull it off.

ps. u can gzip the iso image so you don't have to transfer the complete 600mb data every time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]