Custom UBCD4 for HD Repairs

If you have a tutorial or tip related to the UBCD, why not share it with other users here?

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

CaptainOzzy

Custom UBCD4 for HD Repairs

#1 Post by CaptainOzzy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:28 pm

The Ultimate HD Machine

I was hoping that someone could help me on how to do this. I want to create a special UBCD4 Boot CD using XP Home. I have set up a MB, PSU, and CD/ROM on a rack. I have 3 IDE connections available.

I want to be able to connect a HD and power up the system with a UBCD4 Boot CD that will auto detect the HD then run a series of programs that I have set up on the UBCD4 Boot CD containing Antivirus, Spyware, Reg cleaner, system file cleaner, etc... You get the picture. I want everything to run fron UBCD4 only. This will be for cleaning, testing, optmizing, and backing up harddrives. I want it to run from UBCD4 Boot CD automatically or from a batch file with all programs, utilities on UBCD4 CD that I create. Then when the HD has ran all cleaning programs, I would like it to create a HD image to a spare HD (secondary HD or USB HD). Again I want it to be antomatic or once UBCD4 is booted you can run from one program that would do it all.

Sounds great and I think it might be possible. Can anyone help with this mission?

CaptainOzzy