option to install UBCD on hard disk

Discussion/announcements about test/beta releases of UBCD will be posted here.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Elbarto

option to install UBCD on hard disk

#1 Post by Elbarto » Fri May 09, 2008 2:24 am

We can install UBCD on USB sticks but there is no option to install UBCD on hard disk ( USB hard disk or internal hard disk )

but it is possible to install UBCD on hardisk with syslinux software :

viewtopic.php?t=1327

but we must modify the "dosubcd.igz" file in "/images" directory to fix a bug about the CD-ROM letter in order to run "Freedos" correctly when UBCD is installed on hard disk

my modification is to edit the "ubcd.bat" file present in "dosubcd.igz", this file try to find the letter where UBCD is installed but it fails because UBCD runs on "C:" and not on CD-ROM,

so my solution is to set the %ubcddrv% variable to "C:", then all dos applications can now be launched with freedos and UBCD menus even if UBCD is installed on hard disk

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 am

my modification is to edit the "ubcd.bat" file present in "dosubcd.igz", this file try to find the letter where UBCD is installed but it fails because UBCD runs on "C:" and not on CD-ROM
ubcd.bat will look for ubcd.ico in C:\, and if it finds it, it should identify that as the UBCD drive. Isn't that what's happening?

Anyway, it won't be easy to create an automated script to do this, especially if the HDD already contains existing partitions. It might damage the HDD and render it unbootable.