is this ubcd abuse of LT ?

Discussion/announcements about test/beta releases of UBCD will be posted here.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

johncoom

is this ubcd abuse of LT ?

#1 Post by johncoom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:43 pm

After 13 hours of seeding this seems like it is abuse.
The member of LT 'ubcd' (who is seeding) is still at 33%.
If he alone is seeding then in the Ratio it should show 'oo' and have 100% in the Progress :-(
At present LT shows peers = seeds: 1, leechers: 15 = 16 peers (total)
What did you do Victor, send the PID torrent out via email or a mailing list ?
Did you think I would not notice - looks like multiple people are using the 'ubcd personal torrent'
So much for the 'ubcd-project' helping the LT and peoples stats look correct. Thumbs down.
NB: You are lucky I just don't delete the torrent a second time. I feel abused.

Image :evil:
Last edited by johncoom on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:12 pm

http://linuxtracker.org:2710/0000000000 ... 0/announce

This is what is listed under the Tracker section of uTorrent. Isn't that correct? I see 0 seeds and 10 (16) Leechers and we all seem to be stuck at around 50~51% so far...

I don't think Victor would do anything to abuse the LT. Maybe something else is wrong, but I'm not sure what is wrong.

Also, I used the link for the torrent from your post under the other thread.

johncoom

#3 Post by johncoom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 pm

The Piney wrote:http://linuxtracker.org:2710/0000000000 ... 0/announce

This is what is listed under the Tracker section of uTorrent. Isn't that correct? I see 0 seeds and 10 (16) Leechers and we all seem to be stuck at around 50~51% so far...

I don't think Victor would do anything to abuse the LT. Maybe something else is wrong, but I'm not sure what is wrong.
Yes 'The Piney' that is correct - you are using the Guest torrent. All users of Guest are shown as one.
But others must be using the 'LT member PID' torrent, as you can see in the snap-shot. Perhaps it is because Victor (I assume = ubcd LT member) does not have very fast bandwidth so gives the torrent to others to help him ?
OR others know his LT password and are logging-in as him to grab a copy of his PID torrent ?

You know it is not really important - I am just trying to make the LT stats look better. (as long as some one continues seeding after a while you will complete)

Sorry for accusing you Victor - I was just frustrated - just ignor my rant above (it is strange though)
PS: a few hours ago 'ubcd' did have 100% in the Progress and was shown as a 'seeder' in the status.
I just re-loaded now 'ubcd' = 38% (so some thing is happening.
And Guests have vanished - perhaps Guests are not shown due to slow 'scrape' time of the LT-tracker to the peers BT-clients ?
Few mins later, I re-load again and Guests are back (at 53%)

OK I will go away now - best wishes to the 'ubcd-project'