First time newbie user UBCD 5.33

Discussion/announcements about test/beta releases of UBCD will be posted here.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

hpmini2009

First time newbie user UBCD 5.33

#1 Post by hpmini2009 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 pm

I have some questions on how to wipe a 60 gb SSD drive on an older HP 1000 netbook running or was running Win XP Home. I know I will lose all drivers. I have an older Gateway desktop that has XP Home. I tried to boot with a Gateway desktop recovery disk but disk didn't recognize HP drivers on an older netbook. I'm going to try and salvage drivers off of gateway repair disk since HP repair disk wouldn't work. I have been able to reformat SSD, but it still may have some HP running scripts that are needing to be wiped. I have Clonezilla that might work in copying image off of Gateway to be used on clean installed SSD. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

Explorer09

Re: First time newbie user UBCD 5.33

#2 Post by Explorer09 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:08 pm

hpmini2009 wrote:I have some questions on how to wipe a 60 gb SSD drive on an older HP 1000 netbook running or was running Win XP Home. I know I will lose all drivers. I have an older Gateway desktop that has XP Home. I tried to boot with a Gateway desktop recovery disk but disk didn't recognize HP drivers on an older netbook. I'm going to try and salvage drivers off of gateway repair disk since HP repair disk wouldn't work. I have been able to reformat SSD, but it still may have some HP running scripts that are needing to be wiped. I have Clonezilla that might work in copying image off of Gateway to be used on clean installed SSD. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;)
Please specify your primary goal of what you wan't to do, otherwise no one on this forum will know how to help you.