sugestion for UBCD to USB

Discussion/announcements about test/beta releases of UBCD will be posted here.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

customizer

sugestion for UBCD to USB

#1 Post by customizer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:52 am

I recently used some software that loaded a HTML page when you booted the disk. On that HTML page was a link to run a .exe that transfered the util to usb thumb drive. I'm not a programer, but I know it's complicated because of the variables of knowing the source drive letter and destination letters of any given mach. I thought this might be a good Idea to simplify the transfer if there are any programers out there that could try to develop this, then victor could add the link to transfer to USB on the webpage part of the final release.

I only sugest this cause it seems many folks having problems getting USB's to work.

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:34 am

There is already such an utility in UBCD (batch file).
See /ubcd/tools/ubcd2usb/ubcd2usb.cmd inside the UBCD iso.

customizer

#3 Post by customizer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm

I know that is there. However that is a cnd line interface and you you have to manually enter the drive letters. eg ubcd2usb d: e: and you have to navigate in cmd window to the tools folder.

What I'm suggesting is a way via script or .exe from web page that will automatically do it for you.

or a MENU item that could run script..that would be cool too.

Icecube

#4 Post by Icecube » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 pm

In the new ubcd2usb.cmd script you only have to double click on it (no navigating within cmd).

UBCD creator wiil include a GUI for it in the future:
viewtopic.php?t=1429