I managed to extract the actual programs out of the iso and I could run them on Ubuntu (so it should work with Parted Magic too). I need to install Windows first in a virtual machine to see that the programs work like they should (I don't have Windows installed and the programs say that they can't find a Windows install).
When they are added as modules to Parted Magic, they probably will add 1MB of extra space to UBCD.
PCloginNow and PCregedit are freeware now, so it should be save to include them:
http://www.pcloginnow.com/PC Login Now is released as a freeware now. Everyone can download PC Login Now (Full version) and use it for free.
Do you mind if I add those 2 programs?
Other free utilities of this developer/company:
I didn't test them yet, but they probably use the same mechanism for running those utilities (Gparted liveCD ==> then actual program), so it may be possible that they can be added too.
http://www.pcdiskeraser.com/- You do not have access to change the settings in BIOS?
- Have bought a laptop from the other people or Auction website, but they did not tell you the BIOS password?
At this time, PC CMOS Cleaner will help you to solve them in several clicks.
PC CMOS Cleaner is an easy-to-use tool to recover, delete, decode and display the superior passwords stored in BIOS whatever the brand is. Most types of BIOS are supported. It's an bootable CD that runs on x86 and x86_64 computers. No need to pay expensive fees to experts. It's a useful tool for users to get their lost BIOS password back, or clean passwords from an old computer bought from others.
Do "Delete" or "Format" really delete the data?
The answer is obvious : NO! If so, why there are so many data recovery softwares?
Whether your data is sent to the recycle bin or your entire drive is formatted and repartitioned, the chance of unauthorized discovery is existed. As Windows System does NOT actually delete the file, instead, it marks the file as deleted, which means your private data is still there.
You should consider this problem seriously when you are planning to:
1. Disposal old computers in your company, which might store important business information.
2. Sell your old computer or harddisks(they may store lots of your private data: id card number, passwords, friends' addresses, your health record, private photos ...)
3. Change owner of computer within company.
4. Abandon the old computers in government, hospital, bank which might store lots of public information.
5. Reinstall a new system on a partition where is once to be a concentration camp of virus.
What can PCDiskEraser do for you?
PCDiskEraser enables you to easily, quickly and permanently erase all data that is personal, confidential and critical on your hard drive – and has the capability to erase to both U.S. Department of Defense 5220.22 and German Military Government standards. It permanently deletes the information by actually overwriting all of the data on your hard drive - never to be recovered - so you can feel confident that sensitive information is completely eliminated. It's fast, flexible, easy to use, and best of all, PCDiskEraser helps you maintain control of your confidential information.
PCDiskEraser doesn’t damage harddisks! They are completely re-usable after having been deleted.
In addition, PCDiskEraser have some exclusive features you should not miss:
1. Offline running (no system cache affect) PCDiskEraser does not rely on Windows system, so that it can steer clear of the caching mechanism and erase the data perfectly. No orignal data will be written back.
2. Erasing mode technology(invented by PCDiskTools, Inc) We have developed a new technology which turns the harddisks into special erasing mode. In this mode, the program will erase the data more perfectly. It is safe without any physical damage to the harddisk.