It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: v5.0B12, PPA Intl SATA PCI #1356, and WDDiag v5.04f
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:53 am 

Hi,

I have a PPA Intl SATA PCI #1356 Card with a WD Caviar Drive. The BIOS is seeing the card - shows up in POST - and correctly identifies the drive.

However, when I run the Western Digital diagnostic tool - v5.04f from UBCD5.0B12 (or the earlier, released version), it cannot find the drive when the utility runs.

If it helps the compatibility effort, I have uploaded the drivers for the SATA card here (no viruses, malware, etc. - just whatever was on their mini-CD):

http://uploading.com/files/L4A6GT6W/PPA ... 6.zip.html

If anyone has any ideas, or if the CD contents contain a necessary driver that might help resolve my problem, I would appreciate it if you could include it, or let me know how to do it. It seems the PPA #1356 has some RAID functionality, but I am using it in non-RAID mode. However, with the WD tools, the problem might be related to RAID.

I tried an equivalent test with the PPA PCI xpress SATA 2 card, and it worked OK. But, I need the PCI version.

ubcd is a great compendium of drive utils - thanks!! Look forward to your replies.