just the RSS feeds please

Discussion/announcements about test/beta releases of UBCD will be posted here.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

unixmonkeyTFTP

just the RSS feeds please

#1 Post by unixmonkeyTFTP » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I've been toying with the idea of creating a RSS feed of all the tools I use regularly, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating effort.

First, though I have to ask a related question: How do you know when to update all the tools that make up UBCD? I'm guessing you use an army of volunteers to go around and check all the various websites for updates.

So, is there an RSS feed out there already that could be parsed by a script and shows the latest version of UBCD? I'm thinking of something that contains the version number, type of release (pre-release candidate, full release, or patch), a link to the torrent file, and md5 and sha1 hashes.

I've found the sourceforge feed, but it doesn't have everything needed for me to script up my bittorrent client to automatically seed the latest release.

Victor Chew

Re: just the RSS feeds please

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:47 pm

First, though I have to ask a related question: How do you know when to update all the tools that make up UBCD? I'm guessing you use an army of volunteers to go around and check all the various websites for updates.
We are typically alerted to updates by active users of UCBD. I also check all the tools before each release to ensure they are updated.
So, is there an RSS feed out there already that could be parsed by a script and shows the latest version of UBCD? I'm thinking of something that contains the version number, type of release (pre-release candidate, full release, or patch), a link to the torrent file, and md5 and sha1 hashes.
No, just the news RSS currently.