Confusion about current Beta and Downloading

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

idlerwheel

Confusion about current Beta and Downloading

#1 Post by idlerwheel » Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi. I'm a new member.

Because I've been striking out attempting to load GParted from within PartedMagic from multiple sources, including TUBCD v5.3.0, I'd like to try the current beta on this web page: https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ubcdlive.html

I have two issues:
1. I can't find any way to obtain the software: I can't find any download links for the Beta on this page.
2. The beta is stated as "Current release: 0.2.2b." This version number doesn't make sense since the present stable offering is 5.3.8. What's going on?

I've been a "boot disk junkie" for many years, and I'm a good software tester, so I'd appreciate some help in these two issues.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

The Piney

Re: Confusion about current Beta and Downloading

#2 Post by The Piney » Mon May 06, 2019 11:59 pm

1. At the bottom of the page you linked to you'll see a "HTTP" section, the links are on the left side next to "ISO".

2. The current release is 0.2.3b and the top of the page states -->

"UBCD Live is a Debian Linux based LiveCD that was created as a candidate that will eventually replace Parted Magic (within UBCD). Its creation was mostly a result of this forum thread https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/v ... =7&t=14700 where we discussed what should replace Parted Magic after its author decided to put up a paywall around it."

idlerwheel

Re: Confusion about current Beta and Downloading

#3 Post by idlerwheel » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks, Piney.

I had been looking for the word "Download," so this tiny link sure didn't jump out at me. I've now downloaded the .iso, thanks to your answer. I appreciate this ability to use GParted separately from Parted Magic, which I regard as unwanted baggage, anyway.