Newbie to apple question

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

okwian

Newbie to apple question

#1 Post by okwian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 am

I've read (not exhaustively) questions about deleting an Apple computer's administrative password. And answers to use Linux to delete it from the registry. I can't make this work on my iMac or Powerbook G4.

Ok, why do I need to delete the password? I bought these on eBay and can't get to the owner on one (he's banned...the iMac seller) and the Powerbook seller says there is no password when there clearly is to change the computer's name, email passwords, access to admins rights, yada yada. Granted these are the first two apple computers I have had. For a couple of days.

So how can I get this program to fix my problems. The iMac can't even use the mail program without the password, BTW.

Thanks in advance.

delicatepc

#2 Post by delicatepc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:59 am

Not to be rude but this is definitely the wrong place to ask these questions. This is not an apple support forum.

That being said it sound like you are having trouble getting access to the administrator account on your Apple. Please be aware that this is not a hardware issue but its merely a software issue. Software can always

Here is one guide:
http://theappleblog.com/2008/06/22/rese ... n-os-x-cd/

In the future do yourself a favor and use google.

All things considered though it sounds like you do not understand what you are doing - in which case go visit your local geek friend and have him walk you through something like this. Otherwise you will be left with a mac that doesnt work at all.

dpc