blue screens

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

heatherbabes

blue screens

#1 Post by heatherbabes » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:00 am

i have got a blue screen i tryed everything so i brought a reboot cd (ultimate boot cd) and i havnt got a clue what to do. i pressed f8 and pressed reboot and pressed boot second hard disk its says booting ... its been like this for 2 hours and dont no wats its doing and i have not got a clue all i know is i can not get into me pc even on safe mode any advice?
:)

StopSpazzing

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Have you installed anything new onto the PC? If so remove the hardware..and see if it boots. If you havent, then there is a whole slew of things that can cause BSOD. If you can take a picture of it and post it would help.
If you cant..then I recommend first to scan the HD for errors by opening up your computer (with it OFF) and checking the brand of the hard drive and running the corresponding HD tools that are available on the UBCD disc. With the tool, it normally allows you to check disc for errors and repair them. I would start here first. No point in repairing your windows if you have bad sectors because you will just lose data again and possibly cause another BSOD.

After you have checked the hard drive for errors (and repaired them if found any) you could then proceed to a windows repair...using the windows cd from the same OS and sp version, you boot from it and continue with setup...after it detects the windows partition it asks you if you would like to repair the HD or Install windows. You would then hit the R key and which would select repair. It will then proceed to repair windows. You shouldnt lose any data from the computer (shouldnt but its microsoft) [all your documents and folders will not be touched, only windows related items will be repaired]...but you will have to reinstall any updates that did not come with the service pack that is on the cd and possibly a few programs. After this has finished, you should be able to boot into windows.

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.