Hitachi utility on UBCD freezes with unhandled exception

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

jags

Hitachi utility on UBCD freezes with unhandled exception

#1 Post by jags » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 am

My Gateway AT5654 has not been able to boot to windows for 3 months. I was going to remove the hard drive to an external enclosure and try to drag and drop files I wanted to keep to another computer that is older. Then reinstall the hard drive into the gateway and reformat it. (None of which I know anything about at all. It would be my first time ever.)
Then I bought PC Utilites mag with your UBCD on it. I have tried to use the hitachi utility to see if it will fix the hard drive. But after accepting th agreement, it only proceeds as far as "Detecting IDE Primary Drive...........A:\DFT> Unahndled exeption 000D at 00B7 224E ErrCode 7520 ...................and stops!!! I have no idea what to do!

Can you please let me know if I am on the right track and if so what to do next. Or if my hard drive is totally toast.

Thanks in advance!

Victor Chew

Re: Hitachi utility on UBCD freezes with unhandled exception

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Did you try choosing another memory manager option on FreeDOS bootup?

jags

#3 Post by jags » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Yes, I tried one but don't remember which one. I finally gave up and removed the hard drive to an external enclosure and transferred data and reformatted. It worked great and was much easier than I thought it would be. At least I've found out my drive isn't toast and I know what to do next time. It was described to me by a techie that the drive was like a car that had been in a crash and the insurance company totaled it but a mechanic said "hey, I can fix that". He said my drive was in a similar shape but it seems back to normal.
Thanks for the response. I guess i'm impatient and couldn't wait.

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Problem with fixing a damaged car is that they are never the same...they might look and run like it should but it will never be the same vehicle. I recommend not using that drive for anything important, as it could be dying.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.