Having trouble with Windows XP (SPLASH SCREEN FAIL)

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Lolsen

Having trouble with Windows XP (SPLASH SCREEN FAIL)

#1 Post by Lolsen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with my computer, It's very important to me at the moment as I do a lot of business through it. I'll try and got into as much detail about the problem as I can.

Ok, well Another person was using my computer and I was the next person to try and use it, and when I turned it on it wouldn't load past the Windows XP splash screen. It will stay on the windows XP Splash screen for hours without doing anything but having the blue bar fly across again and again.

I tried booting it into safe mode and It successfully loaded in safe mode, but once again when I try and boot it normally it stays on the splash screen, How can I fix this with the disc, all comments will be highly appreciated.

ady

Re: Having trouble with Windows XP (SPLASH SCREEN FAIL)

#2 Post by ady » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 am

It seems you have to disable whatever that is causing the problem from the boot process.

Is it possible that the other person that used your computer installed something (hardware/drivers, new software, games)? You might have a clue there.

You may try "msconfig" to disable anything that seems strange, or seach for freeware tools that relates to the start/boot process, like "autoruns" and alike.

"google is your friend" :)

BTW, is this is in any way related to UBCD 5.0.3 ?