Need help with my Intel SSD 160gig

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

inachu

Need help with my Intel SSD 160gig

#1 Post by inachu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm

I really do have a 160 gig SSD hard drive and using every tool I can find it still reports now as being 32 gig in size than the real 160 gig.

I used a pshysical hard drive copier by Aleratec that copies 1 hard drive to another.

Well now even under windows computer management it does not show the missing space but instead shows the SSD as a 32 gig and IT IS NOT!

I flashed the SSD to latest revision and still shows as 32 gig.
I used the following to try and fix it.
ADMIN TOOLS FOLDER WINDOWS COMPUTER MANAGEMENT
Partition Magic
Acronis
Also visited Intel.com and used their tools which did nothing at all.
So this UBCD 5.x is my last hope. So far intel support has not emailed me back yet.

ady

Re: Need help with my Intel SSD 160gig

#2 Post by ady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Have you checked at the manufacturer's site? (BTW, you haven't provided the exact manufacturer and exact model).

A different motherboard and/or BIOS may give you some answers. Have you checked plugging it to another computer? Have you tried resetting/clearing the BIOS?

You haven't mentioned how you connect the SSD to the system. Have you checked plugging it to another port (specially, one directly connected to the motherboard) ? Sometimes additional boards, or some "front" USB ports or hubs (as examples) can't give you what you want, so changing the connection can help. This may include also changing to a different SATA port/pair (they are not always the same).

StopSpazzing

Re: Need help with my Intel SSD 160gig

#3 Post by StopSpazzing » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am

Never mentioned the age of the drive either. If you just bought it may be defective. Please give more information.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.