How much can UBCD help me - HP laptop with random BSOD

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Kwerki

How much can UBCD help me - HP laptop with random BSOD

#1 Post by Kwerki » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Is there any way UBCD can repair blue screen errors (e.g. - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)?
I can't understand the code so I don't know what it wants.

In addition, the message keeps telling me to disable caching and shadowing, but there's nowhere in my laptop's BIOS settings to allow this.
It's an HP Pavilion ze5570us, running XP Home, SP3.
Bios version KH.F.22 .. a friend thinks the BIOS needs updating, but I don't know if that's the issue.

Just wondering if, after running UBCD's !BIOS utility, the blue screens will stop. No idea .. I'm not savvy enough to tinker in its innards, and not able to afford a tech to do it for me, so I'm hoping there's a solution I can do on my own.

Anyone?

ady

Re: How much can UBCD help me - HP laptop with random BSOD

#2 Post by ady » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:44 am

Have you recently ("just before" the BSoD started to appear) installed / updated / upgraded a driver or program?

That type of problem (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) is usually caused by a driver (corrupted or incompatible).

Can you start your system into Windows Safe Mode?

If you can, try http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html so to find more details about the problem.

You could run memory testers too ( there are several of those included in UBCD ).

Kwerki

Re: How much can UBCD help me - HP laptop with random BSOD

#3 Post by Kwerki » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 am

Hi, thanks for your reply ~
When I got this from my brother (who upgraded), it was already experiencing this problem, so my friend formatted it for me. It continued to have this issue. We ran memory testing, etc .. yes, it can boot into safe, but sometimes it happens even then!

I've uninstalled the Touchpad driver a few times because it appears to cause the BSOD, and for this moment at least, it's behaving smoothly, but I keep expecting the blue screen at random.

I also disabled auto restart so I could see the screen, and perhaps the link you sent me will be of help.

Thanks again, I'll keep y'all posted.
K.
-----------
ady wrote:Have you recently ("just before" the BSoD started to appear) installed / updated / upgraded a driver or program?

That type of problem (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) is usually caused by a driver (corrupted or incompatible).

Can you start your system into Windows Safe Mode?

If you can, try http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html so to find more details about the problem.

You could run memory testers too ( there are several of those included in UBCD ).