Help needed please!

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Joka91

Help needed please!

#1 Post by Joka91 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 am

I have the following pop up (after about 10minutes of a black screen with just an underscore in the top left corner) -

Intel UND1. PKE-2.1 (build 003)
Copyright (c) 1997 - 2000 Intel Corporation

This product is covered by one or more of the following pae... (didn't catch the word) U35, 307, 459 , USS, 343, 872, U35, 732, 094, US6, 578, 004, US6, 115 - didn't get last few numbers.

Realtec PCIe FE family controller series v1.23 (07/20/10)
PXE-E51: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PKE ROM

It then goes off, and eventually loads up the boot menu.

It says HDD/SDD but no name of the harddrive afterwards... normal?
Then says CD/DVD (with the drive name)
FDD
LAN

Would UBCD help me in any way? If so, which tool do I use?

I've downloaded it, and burned it to disk.

I booted the laptop up with it in, and the menu came up... but I don't know what to do next.

Any response would be really appreciated, and I apologise if this is in the wrong area.

Thank you in advance.

Joka91

ady

Re: Help needed please!

#2 Post by ady » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Joka91 wrote:I apologise if this is in the wrong area.
Do you really want an answer for your problem? If you get an answer, are you going to do YOUR part (like reading tutorials)? Do you know how to read "UBCD V5 Tutorials & How-Tos"? As far as I understand from your first post, this should be in the "chit chat" section.

I don't usually sound rude (and I'm actually not rude), but posting in this (clearly) wrong section and "apologizing" for it doesn't give me much hope...
([EDIT_UPDATE]Thank you mods for moving the topic.[/[EDIT_UPDATE])
I have the following pop up (after about 10minutes of a black screen with just an underscore in the top left corner) -

PXE-E51: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PKE ROM

It then goes off, and eventually loads up the boot menu.
You have your BIOS set up to FIRST boot from PXE (boot and take command your system from a distance). Get into your BIOS, change the BOOT order (for example, first CD, then HDD ), save your BIOS settings and exit BIOS.
It says HDD/SDD but no name of the harddrive afterwards... normal?
Then says CD/DVD (with the drive name)
FDD
LAN
"It says..." Where? In BIOS? Change the order as you need/want/like. If this info is displayed in the POST screen (the very first screen when you boot your system), then your motherboard is not recognizing your HDD. Check that it is connected correctly (cable, port, jumpers), and that the BIOS correctly recognizes it accordingly.
Would UBCD help me in any way? If so, which tool do I use?
If the only problem is the BIOS boot order, then you don't need UBCD for this. Still, UBCD *is* useful for many other things :). If you can't make the BIOS recognize your HDD, then you need to connect your HDD to some other system, so to test it.
I've downloaded it, and burned it to disk.

I booted the laptop up with it in, and the menu came up... but I don't know what to do next.
As I said, if it is just for correcting the boot order and then your system boots normally, then you don't need UBCD.

If you HDD is not recognized by your BIOS (and you can't manage to correct this), then UBCD won't be able to help you IN THIS PARTICULAR SYSTEM. If the BIOS can't recognize your HDD "at all", you would need to test it in another system that *can* recognize it (even with the wrong size).

If the system still doesn't boot correctly, then come back with the relevant feedback.