Automatic Start

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bugiman

Automatic Start

#1 Post by bugiman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 am

I am new to UBCD and I am sorry if this question has been answered before. But does anyone know how I can have UBCD start certain test automatically when it boots? The reason I ask is that I have 200 refurbished machines and I would like to test hard drive, memory and other parts of the computer. It would be easy if I could just put in the CD and start the computer and UBCD tells me if all components pass or fail. Any help is much appreciated.

ady

Re: Automatic Start

#2 Post by ady » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 am

I don't think it is possible.

For just one "autostart" test, it could be possible by editing the syslinux boot menu. Then you would need to remaster the CD/UFD.

But since each tool included in UBCD works by itself, and many of them require from you to reboot after it, I don't think it is possible to start a second one after the first test tool (as if they were in a batch or script).

Moreover, there are tools that run in a loop, until you specifically stop them and exit.

It may be possible for some tools to run them in some script or batch, but it depends on each tool and there is no "one unified method for all these tools".

You should search for specific help about each specific tool you are interested in. UBCD includes many different tools, but the tools are not developed here (see UBCD homepage).

In any case, booting UBCD and selecting the correct / desired tool each time takes a few seconds only. Or prepare 3 different modified versions, each of them with a specific “autostart” menu for each tool you are interested in.