It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm 

So for all you guys having the drive detection problem, could you please try IceCube's solution and let us know how it goes?

Basically, download http://ubcd.stopspazzing.com/downloads/ubcd-dos/fdubcd.iso.gz to "c:\ubcd-extracted\ubcd\images". Then modify "c:\ubcd-extracted\ubcd\menus\hdd\wiping.cfg":

Code:
LABEL -
MENU LABEL HDDErase V4.0
TEXT HELP
Securely erases all data on ATA hard disk drives. It offers the option to run
the drive internal secure erase command, security erase unit, based on the ATA
specification by the T13 technical committee.
ENDTEXT
LINUX /boot/syslinux/memdisk
INITRD /ubcd/images/fdubcd.iso.gz
APPEND iso raw ubcdcmd=hdderase

Bolding the important part:
Quote:
INITRD /ubcd/images/fdubcd.iso.gz
APPEND iso raw ubcdcmd=hdderase

Make the customized ISO or USB, then try launching HDDErase again.

Edit by Icecube: added bolded part :wink:

Post subject: Re: missing hdderase.bat file?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 am 

@IsLNdbOi: There's a new build of eltorito.sys that IceCube suggests might resolve the missing CDROM drive problem.

If you have the time, could you please try it and let us know? Here's a build of fdubcd.img that includes the new eltorito.sys:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/misc/fdub ... z.20100615

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:07 am 

What do I do with that file? Do I simply copy it and overwrite an existing version of it in the UBCD ISO?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:17 pm 

I've run across this hdderase.bat file error.

I tried the solution recommended by icecube as well as using the most recent eltorito.sys file and both resulted in the same problem. I am burning CDs to test it to eliminate the USB issues as the problem.

1) I downloaded the http://ubcd.stopspazzing.com/downloads/ ... bcd.iso.gz and modified the wiping.cfg file to include the iso and iso raw lines. This did not work.

2) I downloaded the new build of eltorito.sys that iceCube suggested might resolve the missing CDROM drive problem but this did not work as well.

Just wanted to follow up, maybe a solution has been found.

Please ignore me, I must have removed neccessary files for cd drivers to work properly from the \ubcd\dosapps folder. I am trying to create a customized UBCD and removed all tools but specific ones I wanted such as HDDErase and so I removed a lot of the cab files from the dosapps folder and also removed the ubcd.ini file. I'm assuming that by removing the ubcd.ini file it broke the cdrom drivers from loading, or perhaps another .cab file is required. When I added all the cab files back, and included ubcd.ini all works.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:06 pm 

@Anmorphic: Could you please try UBCD V5.1a1:

viewtopic.php?t=2661

Quote:
Description:

This is the first alpha for UBCD V5.1 whose primary purpose is to solicit feedback.

The major structure change in this release is moving FreeDOS UBCD and DOS apps to an ISO image (\ubcd\images\fdubcd.iso.gz). The reason for this change is to allow FreeDOS-based apps to work even on systems where FreeDOS has problems recognizing/mounting the source CD or USB memory stick.

A new script has been created (\ubcd\tools\win32\mkfdubcd\mkfdubcd.cmd) that lets you create your own fdubcd.iso.gz after extracting it to a folder outside of the extracted UBCD folder hierarchy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm 

@Victor,

He (Anmorphic) already resolved the problem, as he said:

Quote:
Please ignore me, I must have removed necessary files...

So in that sense, it's all good with UBCD.

But, if someone would want to try UBCD51a1 to run DOS programs, it would be necessary for that user to resolve the fdubcd.ISO bug (instead the wrong fdubcd.IMG) before burning. For interested users, the relevant instructions to resolve the bug are also published in the UBCD51a1 announcement topic.