Best tools to use for my problem!?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ddrwizard86

Best tools to use for my problem!?

#1 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Ok here is my situation.. At my office we have a server running windows server sbs 2003 r2. It got a virus and (i think) corrupted the MBR and maybe the MFT as well? this server has 4 drives in a raid 5 with 1 partition for the OS and 1 for DATA and as far as i can tell the data partition is just fine. I can't do a repair from the windows install CD for an unknown reason (which is a oem cd) i do not get the option to select "R" at the second windows screen but windows does detect my OS partition and lets me know if i do a new install it will overwrite everything, i have already tried to use system recovery option (first "R") and repair the mbr and fixboot, i also ran a chkdsk /r and it found no errors on the partition.

My back is against a wall here and my position on the line i have littery been at work for 33 hrs trying to fix this, ANY and ALL help will be appreciated greatly!

Bandit

Re: Best tools to use for my problem!?

#2 Post by Bandit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:10 am

UBCD won't really help you with NTFS filesystem problems. What errors are you getting when you try to boot?

My advice would be to go check out UBCD4Win as it is specifically meant for Windows.

ddrwizard86

Re: Best tools to use for my problem!?

#3 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

Now I feel dumb :) will do