EaseUs copy-clone not working

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ucalgary

EaseUs copy-clone not working

#1 Post by ucalgary » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:31 am

Dear All

I just downloaded and burn 5.03 UBCD for "ghost" my win 7

my computer is Asus X80LE. Recently, i installed win7 without driver installation.

I would like to "ghost" my OS, but when i selected the EaseUs item under hard utilities

it just displays two small logo of easeus and does nothing

did I do something wrong ?

thanks everyone and please teach me how

ady

Re: EaseUs copy-clone not working

#2 Post by ady » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:26 am

ucalgary wrote:...but when i selected the EaseUs item under hard utilities it just displays two small logo of EaseUs and does nothing.
did I do something wrong?
You didn't do something wrong. This is a problem of EaseUs DiskCopy.

EaseUs released an updated version of DiskCopy, but they did not changed the version number. You will see DiskCopy version 2.3 as the latest version, at any website and at UBCD. But the real "versions" are not the same. The current UBCD version has the "old" EaseUs DiskCopy. It should be updated for the next release.

For you to use the latest "real" version of EaseUs DiskCopy (still, version 2.3 ), download it from Majorgeeks. Other "official" download websites might also have "OLD versions", even if they are supposed to be "official" mirrors.

ucalgary

#3 Post by ucalgary » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:46 pm

oh.. i see

thanks for information.
does it mean that i should wait for next release of ubcd ?

except eeaseus, do you have any experience on clone utilitiy ?

i used to making ghost 2003 boot disc myself. i burnt ms-dos and ghost in a cd to image HDD.

however, it doesn't support win7 anymore, so ,,,,,

do you think easeUS Todo Backup (home) would be including into the release of ubcd ?

thank you very much

regards,

ady

#4 Post by ady » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:21 pm

ucalgary wrote:does it mean that i should wait for next release of ubcd?
It depends on what tools you usually use. If you only want/use EaseUs DiskCopy, then download it from Majorgeeks and burn it as a separate CD-RW or CD+RW (it is an ISO image).
Alternatively, you could customize UBCD with that newer version of DiskCopy, if you know how to do it.
except eeaseus, do you have any experience on clone utilitiy?
Yes, but the several tools (included in UBCD or not) are targeted at different uses/goals.

"Imaging" means cloning a partition/disk for backup purpose, or for repeatedly clone one original system many times. This method usually uses an intermediate image/backup.

"Cloning" means directly copying the content of one partition/disk into another. Usually there is no intermediate image. The "backup" is only a snapshot of the partition/disk. The freeware versions of this type of tools are usually targeted at upgrading the partition/disk, by transferring it to a new bigger partition/disk. In such cases, there is no real backup, and usually there is no real way to undo/revert the procedure (no cloning back to the smaller partition/disk).

Besides those 2 categories, you have also the specific goal you want to achieve (as for example, backup, snapshot, redundancy, transfer to a new system), and the copying method (by byte, by file, by folder, by sector...).
do you think easeUS Todo Backup (home) would be including into the release of ubcd?
I am just a simple user, as you are. I hope Victor (the developer of UBCD) will update EaseUs DiskCopy in the next UBCD version. (I guess he will, but I can't really know). But AFAIK, "Todo Backup" is not suitable for UBCD. "DiskCopy" and "Todo Backup" are similar, but not exactly the same.

ady

#5 Post by ady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Update, JFYI,

"New" EaseUs DiskCopy 2.3.1 :

New: DiskCopy v2.3.1 has built-in burning feature, it can automatically create a bootable CD/DVD or usb disk to copy entire disk easily (or extract the ISO image from the Windows executable).

Create DiskCopy ISO image or burn a CD/DVD bootable DiskCopy:
http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/help/cr ... cd-dvd.htm

Official Download Mirror (around 40MB) :
http://www.majorgeeks.com/EaseUs_Disk_Copy_d4845.html

The download is a Windows executable that will let you burn a CD/DVD or make a UFD, or it will let you "create" an ISO image. The included ISO image can also be extracted by opening the executable with 7zip.

EaseUs DiskCopy is still NOT a Windows-based tool. The only purpose of the Windows executable is to burn the CD/DVD, or make the UFD, or extract the ISO image easily.

Note that the ISO image included is the same as the previous DiskCopy ISO image published in Majorgeeks around 2010MAR01. The ISO image is from version 2.3, but it includes fixes over the "original" 2.3 version from 2008.

The version of EaseUs DiskCopy included in UBCD 5.0.3 is the one from 2008. Since that DiskCopy version has bugs (which prevents correctly booting the CD), the next UBCD version "MUST" :) update the included DiskCopy version to the latest 2.3.1 (even if the internal version number of the ISO image is still 2.3, not 2.3.1).