It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 am 

Hey Everyone,

I've downloaded about 6 different files from mirror sites but I can never find the .exe file on my HD to open the builder. I'm running a standard Dell Optiplex 755, 2GHz, with WinXP, service pack 3, and NTFS file system. I've tried extracting the download with WinRar, WinZip and 7-Zip File Manager. I can see all of the folders that were extracted, but when I go to 'ubcd' subfolder, the .exe is nowhere to be found. I've searched through every folder to no avail. I've watched a number of tutorial vids and every time someone downloads the file, their .exe is easily found. I can only think that my computer isn't recognizing correct file paths, but I don't seem to have any issues with other files such as pdf, jpeg, etc. The only thing I see that remotely looks like the 'builder' is a ubcd file with a half, orange-ish disc icon next to it. When I open that it's only an image file. Any ideas? I can try to provide further information if needed. Thanks a lot!

Blake

Post subject: Re: Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am 

UBCD doesn't come in exe form, but in the form of an ISO image that is meant to be burned to a CD-R(W).
Maybe you wanted UBCD4Win, which comes in exe form.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2864

Post subject: Re: Newbie Here: Trouble finding the UBCD .exe file on HD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 pm 

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and got the UBCD4Win and will try that. I really wanted the newest version but I don't think I'm tech-savvy enough. If anyone can throw any suggestions out there as to what I can do, please let me know. I've actually downloaded PowerISO since then, but haven't gone back and tried to download version 5 yet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]