Program to remove blue screen

Talk about anything related to the UBCD, PC troubleshooting etc.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

lfc1304

Program to remove blue screen

#1 Post by lfc1304 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 am

Hello, I downloaded the ultimate boot cd and it is working fine however i am unsure which program i need to use to get rid of the blue screen of death, the error code is : stop: 0x00000050 (0x867c0000,0x00000000,0x8E483843,0X0000000)

I obvioulsy do not want to click on one of the disk wiping programs and do damge to my pc for the sake of someone hopefully being able to answer my question, thanks for any help.

StopSpazzing

Re: Program to remove blue screen

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 am

I believe it may be one of 2 things.

1. Ram could be malfunctioning.
Boot with UBCD 5.0.3 then select MEMORY>>Windows Memory Diagnostic.

2. Voltages to the computer are off...which is causing your memory to not properly be read/written to which is causing a BSOD even on windows repair disc>> (Searched google and saw your other post on another forum)
The easy way to test this is with a multimeter...but if you have another PSU that is lying around would see if that solves your problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions or you solve this. :)
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

lfc1304

Re: Program to remove blue screen

#3 Post by lfc1304 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:51 am

Thanks for the reply, i used the mem diagnositc but it just ran thruough for hours , and eventually i had to switch it off. Although no errors were found.

Regarding voltage i dont have thta problem anymore i believe the hard drive to be corrupted as i had to switch of the com as it kept freezing . Is there a way to completely restore the computer through UBCD to factory settings without risking damage to the motherboard ? ( I found one program on UBCD but it said a warning about the motherboard).

Thanks for any help.