Can't find dlgdiag5.exe

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Reindeerz

Can't find dlgdiag5.exe

#1 Post by Reindeerz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 am

Hello, I was trying to diagnose my WD hdd and used UBCD to do it because the DLG from Western Digital site, well, sucks to be exact, but when I ran it through ubcd somewhere in the process I got the error message "can't find dlgdiag5.exe --- check the cd".

What was this all about?

Keep up the good work!

ady

Re: Can't find dlgdiag5.exe

#2 Post by ady » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 pm

You need to provide more information.

Which UBCD version?
Have you checked the checksums of the downloaded ISO against the officially published?
Are you running UBCD from CD or UFD or other?
Have you customized UBCD in any way?
After selecting DLGDiag5, which selection of FDUBCD you chose/opted?

In addition to those questions:
Can you provide the messages you saw just before the error?

Any information you can provide about your hardware could be very useful, specially about the motherboard (or the model of your system) and the HDD you are trying to diagnose (exact model, how it is connected to your motherboard...).

If you don't know the exact model of your HDD, please provide as much info as you can.

Finally, about the DLG version from WDC, which version have you tried? Do you have a link or the exact number and name? The reason to ask is because "DLG" means too many different tools, all from WDC.

Reindeerz

#3 Post by Reindeerz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:33 am

My UBCD version is 5.0.3, I'm running it from a cd and I didn't modify it.
My motherboard is a Asus P6T Deluxe v2. My hdd is a WD3200KS, I believe now WD calls that series caviar blue.
The DLG version I tried from WDC was the 5.04f.

About the errors the only message I recall was the one I posted previously in the thread.

The other questions I left unanswered, I have the review my steps again when I try to run the UBCD againg tomorrow (I'm not at home now).

Thanks in advance for your response!

Icecube

#4 Post by Icecube » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:04 am

Try UBCD 5.1 beta1.
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

ady

#5 Post by ady » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:24 am

As Icecube suggests, you should try the latest development version of UBCD, which includes also an updated WDLDiag, which should be more adequate for your HDD's model.

But the error you initially mentioned "can't find dlgdiag5.exe --- check the cd" could appear again too, since it could be related to some other factor.

Please come back to report, whichever the result.

Reindeerz

#6 Post by Reindeerz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

Hello mates!
My problem was solved just by using the beta version.
Only thing that bugs me now is why doesn't any diagnosis program find bad sectors on the hdd when I know that there were some :mrgreen: ... Anyhow the UBCD worked fine.

Thank you for the help!

Cheers! :D