Erasing my SSD drives .. Can't go any further!!!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Rusty Nails

Erasing my SSD drives .. Can't go any further!!!

#1 Post by Rusty Nails » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 am

Hi Guys,
My first attempt at secure erasing an SSD. I burnt the ISO Image and was able to boot to the UBCD. Also changed my drives from SATA to IDE in Bios. Went thru the menu and chose the HDD option. Then chose the HDD Erase option. Went through the prompt and reached the screen where it says that HHD Erase will completely wipe all your drives...
Under that all that was visible on the black screen was a crashing cursor. None of my
three SSD's were being displayed. That's all that it did.. Was not able to proceed further.

Can I unplug my OS SSD while proceeding to erase the other two SSD 's.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cheers.

ady

Re: Erasing my SSD drives .. Can't go any further!!!

#2 Post by ady » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 am

Rusty Nails wrote: changed my drives from SATA to IDE in Bios.
Changing to IDE might not be enough. In the BIOS settings, there is also the IDE controller on/off, and the legacy/native compatibility.

In addition, not all SATA ports are the same. Once you change all the appropriate settings in the BIOS, save and reboot into it again. If you pay attention, you might see that some ports are seen as having "master" and "slave", while others might have only "master". Some ports recognize newer SATA versions, and others won't. All these depends on the chipset and specific mainboard model.

But all these changes are only seen after you save once and reboot into the BIOS again.
Went thru the menu and chose the HDD option. Then chose the HDD Erase option. Went through the prompt and reached the screen where it says that HHD Erase will completely wipe all your drives...
Under that all that was visible on the black screen was a crashing cursor. None of my
three SSD's were being displayed. That's all that it did.. Was not able to proceed further.
Change the settings, save, reboot into BIOS, see how it recognizes them, save and reboot into UBCD. Are the HDDs listed now?
Can I unplug my OS SSD while proceeding to erase the other two SSD 's.
If you mean that you power off your system completely, you disconnect the power and the data cables from your system/boot drive, you power on your system again, and *then* run the tool on the rest of your HDDs, sure you can.