My Laptop won't boot from my cd

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ss3growntrunks

My Laptop won't boot from my cd

#1 Post by ss3growntrunks » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi, I have the problem that my portable pc doesn't load from the cd, I already checked my BIOS about 5 times and it is correct, it is CD first, Floppy second and HDD third. but it still boots from the HDD even though your cd is in the CD Drive.

I tried using a boot disk (Floppy) for DOS and it worked, and used another boot disk which creates a virtual cd rom and it read the content on the cd, but I can't get it to run.

Please any help would be appreciated because I can't log onto my windows account. It gets to the welcome screen, but when trying to log in, the wallpaper appears for a split second and it logs off. I tried using safe mode and vga mode but even the administrator account has that problem.

If there is any way to integrate just the F-prot anti virus or the avast for dos into a boot diskette, please tell me how, as all I want is to scan my laptop

thank you very much for your help

baronvonfoxbat7734

#2 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:14 am

Dumb question about the CD booting... Have you tried it another PC to ensure that your disk is bootable? Did you burn the iso file to the disk or open the iso using your burning software and burn that way?

We need a little more info about the disk if we are to help you better with your issue of not booting.

Burning the iso file to a disk as a data file is a common mistake many people make not knowing how to work with iso files...